divendres, 3 de maig del 2013

Beverages! (1)

Here lot of usual things becomes ‘an adventure’ due to the combination of language ignorance with the total difference with what I know. For example, to eat I have to walk some time looking at the restaurants (luckily there are a bunch) until I see anyone that have pictures with prices, so I there is less possibilities getting a surprise (because surprises I had by the price and by the food). I have to use that tactic less everytime because I’m starting to know the name of some dishes and how them are written in Korean, but at the beginning I was some good time looking for. Also because risk sometimes is nice (luckily I like everything). 

Another funny thing it’s buying at supermarket, as I go with the intention of buying a lot and I can’t buy much because I don’t identify more than 10% of things there (with special reference to the sauces, there are thousands and no idea that them are even one).

A thing that I’m snooping with in the supermarkets is drinks. There is a lot of kind of them and always I buy any to taste it. Here there are some examples.

Vitae 500. Vitamin C drink. It is advertised as an energy drink. The bottle is small (120ml) and made of glass and is cheap. It tastes like medicine syrup and not the good ones, as a kind of Red Bull which has lost its bubbles with bitter ginseng flavor at the end. I bought two bottles the first week and still has one in the fridge, so you can imagine how much I liked it…












Grape beverage (and it’s not wine). Sweet drink with good fruit flavor, but I can’t find the grape flavour anywhere. It’s ok.
















Pine bud drink (OMFG!). As soon as I saw it I took it because something like that has to be tasted. If you want to know how it tastes take some pine leafs with good quantity of pine resin put it in your mouth and chew it. Yes, it’s not good. It really tastes what it says it comes from. And it has as bad taste as you can imagine. I’ve seen some people in the street drinking this more than once, so I suppose it is liked here.










Milkis. Uff, it is difficult to explain. It would be as soda (Sprite) with milk. The colour of the beverage makes you know how bad it’s going to taste (it seems like a calcium medicine syrup I drink when I was child). Once and never more! As the can says: ‘a new feeling of soda beverage’ and it’s true, it’s a new feeling but disgusting one. I’ve seen a lot of people drinking this too, and it’s the worst, because then you expect to be tasty, but not…



Peach beverage. This one a good peach taste  and it’s really refreshing. I like it and have bought some times. I’ve seen it a lot of times too in the street.
















I left the best for the last, as it is my favorite. ALOE VERA drink. First time I take it with some mistrust against it and I taste it with very bad expectative and I got surprised as it is really good. Also, it has some aloe vera bits and it’s tasty, sweet and refreshing.














There are much more kinds of strange drinks. I will continue investigating them and I will explain what I find.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada