dimarts, 23 d’abril del 2013

What I'm doing here?

So, I've been already in Korea one of the three months planned and as I'm a little more settled (not much, but getting accustomed) I decided to write this blog to explain the things that get my attention in Korea and my experiences here.

First I will explain why I came to Korea, as many people have asked me and almost nobody understands (I think I haven’t explained it very well…).

Last summer, tired of trying to find a long term work to make my life, as I’m having an age, and not finding it thanks to the crisis in my land (Catalunya and by damn Espanya extension damn) due to widespread irresponsibility, I decided do the Camino de Santiago to disconnect and take decisions not being done by cowardice or rather lack of initiative.


Sunrise on the Camino.

I knew that I would have to emigrate but needed to develop the plan as thousands of thoughts were in my head and none at the same time. My preference was Norway, as it’s a serious and socially advanced country and I like it a lot. I know about it because for music tastes (long life to Black Metal!), I had informed about the country social, cultural, historical, landscapes ( fjords, northern lights, majestic forests, glaciers), ... and loved it. Being in the Camino I met a retired Norwegian who spoke highly about his country, as much as the impression that he had of Norway as the possibilities for an immigrant like me, because having explained him about my knowledge and professional experience het told me that I would no trouble finding work in the rising oil industry and seeing that my English was pretty decent.


Norway.

I also met two Korean the first day (Minjung and Goeun) and after coinciding with them a few times on the road, we became friends and we (my friend Ricardo and me who were doing the Camino together) ended doing the Camino with them, another Korean who they knew (Hyosun who lives in Barcelona) and a very nice French (maybe because he is not from Paris, jejejej) named Flo.


The full expedition. Camino de Santiago 2102.

So, as I'm curious to obsession, I was asking my Korean friends thousands of things about their country, because until then I knew very little about. For what they explained to me, and not explaining just the good things, and for what I read on the internet I came wishful to visit the country (culture, food, society, tourism,...) and believing that people would fit more with my behavior and my thinking than in my country (specifically in the Barcelona metropolitan area, with its impolite, insecurity, lack of general education of people there, as in other areas of Catalonia I think I would be more confortable).


Night view of Seoul.

With this, my need to migrate and my high masochism level (I love choosing the hardest way) I decided to try coming to Korea, as if I cannot achieve my purpose to settle here and I have to go back I won’t lose anything, just return back to the starting point, and earned an amazing experience that could rarely do any other time due to my actual circumstances, not having any commitment (relationship, job, vitality, house, ...).

So here I am. Some will say I’m brave, others I’m unconscious and I say, and who cares! Carpe Diem, Tempus fugit.

P.S. (Post Scriptum!): I’m not bad at english if I have to do something from zero, but as I try to translate literally the catalonian write there will be a lot of errors. Feel free to blame me!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada